ccbc Essex Book Club

Friday, November 03, 2006

Tim O'Brien's novels

Below are four novels by Tim O'Brien and their book descriptions/reviews. In case you were not at the book club meeting today, we decided to read a novel by Tim O'Brien other than The Things They Carried (many are reading that one for a class). He is coming to campus on Nov. 29th to speak, so we thought this would be a nice way to thank him by reading one of his other novels.

I think Carr said we need to vote as soon a possible, so he can order the books. The next book club meeting is tentatively scheduled for Dec 1st. It depends on whether we can get the Honor's room or not that day. Should I check into this with Pat? Or can someone else check, since I'm not on campus?

Also, if anyone has any other comments to discuss about Calvino, let me know. I have some more to say about him, I think. I'm reading his literary criticism book called The Uses of Literature or at least I've got that one on my list. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home